- Topics Covered
CompTIA A+ Integrated CertMaster Learn + Labs
In the integrated experience, CertMaster Labs are integrated as Study Tasks within the CertMaster Learn Learning Plan, accessible through a single login and seamless workflow. Easy-to-use course management tools provide a comprehensive suite of instructor resources alongside a reporting dashboard, making course preparation and progress tracking simple and efficient.
A+ CertMaster Labs is a remote lab environment that enable hands on practice in actual software applications.
- 12 month License
A+ CertMaster Learn includes:
- Interactive learning with flashcards and performance-based questions.
- Videos that demonstrates key concepts and processes.
- Customizable learning plan.
- Easy self-assessments
- Learning progress analytics and reporting
Network+ CertMaster Lab offers two types of labs within the product
- Assisted Labs guide the learner step-by-step through tasks, offering assessment and feedback throughout a 10-15 minute experience, allowing the learner to correct any misunderstandings as they proceed through the activity.
- Applied Labs present a series of goal-oriented scenarios in a 20-30 minute experience covering multiple topics, scoring the student at the end of the activity based on their ability to successfully complete each scenario. As a result, learners are forced to think critically about how to approach problems without a prescribed set of steps.
eLearning Delivery Information
- The key is sent to your email within 15-30 minutes during normal business hours. If after business hours we will process your order the next day. Click here for business hours.
- You will receive two emails from Get Certified 4 Less
- The first email is the confirmation email.
- The second email is the CertMaster Lab Key.
- Check your JUNK, SPAM and PROMOTIONAL folder if you do not receive voucher email (You may also search your order number in your email box. This may help locate the voucher)
- CompTIA CertMaster Lab keys are non-refundable. For more information click here for a return policy.
Lesson 1: Installing Motherboards and Connectors
Lesson 2: Installing System Devices
Lesson 3: Troubleshooting PC Hardware
Lesson 4: Comparing Local Networking Hardware
Lesson 5: Configuring Network Addressing and Internet Connections
Lesson 6: Supporting Network Services
Lesson 7: Summarizing Virtualization and Cloud Concepts
Lesson 8: Supporting Mobile Devices
Lesson 9: Supporting Print Devices
Lesson 10: Configuring Windows
Lesson 11: Managing Windows
Lesson 12: Identifying OS Types and Features
Lesson 13: Supporting Windows
Lesson 14: Managing Windows Networking
Lesson 15: Managing Linux and macOS
Lesson 16: Configuring SOHO Network Security
Lesson 17: Managing Security Settings
Lesson 18: Supporting Mobile Software
Lesson 19: Using Support and Scripting Tools
Lesson 20: Implementing Operational Procedures
Assisted Lab: Exploring the Lab Environment
Virtual Workbench Lab: Installing a Motherboard
Virtual Workbench Lab: Installing Power Supplies
Virtual Workbench Lab: Installing and Configuring System Memory
Virtual Workbench Lab: Installing RAM
Virtual Workbench Lab: Installing CPU and Cooler
Virtual Workbench Lab: Upgrading and Installing GPU and Daisy-Chain Monitors
Assisted Lab: Exploring the Virtual Machine Lab Environment
Assisted Lab: Compare Networking Hardware
Assisted Lab: Compare Wireless Network Technologies
Assisted Lab: Configure a SOHO Router
Assisted Lab: Compare Protocols and Ports
Assisted Lab: Troubleshoot a Network #1
Assisted Lab: Troubleshoot a Network #2
APPLIED Lab: Troubleshoot a Network #1
APPLIED Lab: Troubleshoot a Network #2
Virtual Workbench Lab: Adding Expansion SSD in a Laptop
Virtual Workbench Lab: Upgrading Laptop RAM
Virtual Workbench Lab: Replacing Laptop Non-User Removable Battery
Virtual Workbench Lab: Configuring Laptop Dock and External Peripherals
Assisted Lab: Deploy a Printer
Assisted Lab: Manage User Settings in Windows
Assisted Lab: Support Windows 11
Assisted Lab: Configure Windows System Settings
Assisted Lab: Use Management Consoles
Assisted Lab: Use Task Manager
Assisted Lab: Monitor Performance and Event Logs
Assisted Lab: Use Command-line Tools
APPLIED Lab: Support Windows 10
Assisted Lab: Perform Windows 10 OS Installation
Assisted Lab: Perform Ubuntu Linux OS Installation
Assisted Lab: Install and Configure an Application
Assisted Lab: Troubleshoot a Windows OS Issue
Assisted Lab: Configure Windows Networking
Assisted Lab: Configure Folder Sharing in a Workgroup
Assisted Lab: Manage Linux using Command-line Tools
Assisted Lab: Manage Files using Linux Command-line Tools
APPLIED Lab: Support and Troubleshoot Network Hosts
Assisted Lab: Configure SOHO Router Security
Assisted Lab: Configure Workstation Security
Assisted Lab: Configure Browser Security
Assisted Lab: Troubleshoot Security Issues Scenario #1
APPLIED Lab: Troubleshoot Security Issues Scenario #2
Assisted Lab: Use Remote Access Technologies
Assisted Lab: Implement Backup and Recovery
Assisted Lab: Implement a PowerShell Script
Assisted Lab: Implement Bash Script
Assisted Lab: Manage a Support Ticket